The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs (OPA) strives to aid faculty in recruiting diverse, qualified, postdoctoral researchers. To accomplish this goal, a centralized job database was developed for faculty to post and advertise their available postdoctoral positions. This database is subsequently marketed to graduate programs at targeted universities through emails and flyer mailings and to graduate students directly through formal postdoctoral recruiting events, such as the recent Institute on Teaching and Mentoring. The OPA also welcomes the opportunity to meet with prospective postdoctoral researchers during campus interviews. These meetings provide candidates with information on benefits, Indianapolis, relocating, career development resources, etc. Upon arriving to campus, incoming postdoctoral researchers are encouraged to meet with the OPA for a postdoctoral orientation which acquaints them with campus, IUSM policies, IUSM resources, and IUPUI resources. Additionally, the OPA provides faculty with useful resources to aid in the hiring process including the Compact for Postdoctoral Appointees and their Mentors and an offer letter template. In summary, the recruiting services include:
- Centralized job database to post and advertise positions
- Recruitment materials distributed to graduate departments at targeted universities and to graduate students through formal recruitment events
- Meetings with prospective postdoctoral researchers.
- New postdoctoral researcher orientation
- Hiring resources such as the Compact for Postdoctoral Appointees and their Mentors and an offer letter template